At United Rehab Solutions Ltd we use Occupational Therapy to provide support to our patients; identifying strengths and offering solutions to combat difficulties in doing the activities that matter to them.
We work to maintain, regain, or improve your independence by using different techniques, changing your environment and using new equipment to break down the barriers that their health prevents.
ADL’s are defined as “the things we normally do”… such as feeding ourselves, bathing, dressing, grooming, work, homemaking, and leisure, essentially it includes everything we have to do on a daily basis, including how we sleep.
Any condition that may have an impact on how you are able to carry out everyday tasks or manage around the home / workplace / community.
- Identify what the difficulties are and the cause
- Identify appropriate therapy to develop independent living skills and return to function
- Identify specialist equipment, seating, wheelchairs and adaptation
- Identify assistive technology
- Return to engaging and participating in everyday activities
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Fatigue management
- Pain management
Andrea and Paula the occupational therapists take the lead in assessing activities of daily living, however meaningful activity and function are at the heart of what we offer as a team.
Therefore, the team as a whole are responsible for incorporating the activities that mean something to you into your therapy.