At United Rehab Solutions Ltd we use Occupational Therapy to provide support to our patients; identifying strengths and offering solutions to combat difficulties in doing the activities that matter to them.
We work to maintain, regain, or improve your independence by using different techniques, changing your environment and using new equipment to break down the barriers that their health prevents.
Assistive Technology allows people with a disability to access their environment and to communicate through use of electronic devices, switches and computers.
These solutions can facilitate independence in the home, workplace and community, enhancing opportunities for interaction, safety and quality of life.
Any condition that may have an impact on how you are able to carry out everyday tasks or manage around the home / workplace / community.
- Enhances opportunities for interaction in a variety of different environments.
- Improves quality of life
- Ensures safety
- Encourages greater control over the persons own life
- Enables a person to participate in and contribute more fully to activities in their home, school and work environments
- Access to opportunities that are taken for granted by individuals who do not have disabilities
- Increased self-motivation
- Expanded learning and life experiences
- New opportunities for interactions and communication
Andrea and Paula the occupational therapists would carry out the assessment, working alongside independent companies to provide innovative solutions to the problems faced by people.
The speech and language therapist would also be involved in some of these assessments.