At United Rehab Solutions Ltd we use Occupational Therapy to provide support to our patients; identifying strengths and offering solutions to combat difficulties in doing the activities that matter to them.
We work to maintain, regain, or improve your independence by using different techniques, changing your environment and using new equipment to break down the barriers that their health prevents.
Vocational rehabilitation helps a person with a health problem to access employment opportunities, stay in their current job, or support them to return to work. The health problem could include physical, cognitive, psychological or emotional, or a combination of these.
This can affect anybody who has anxiety or stress and may feel they cannot cope at work; or have developed mild to moderate musculoskeletal difficulties such as back-ache, developed chronic life changing illness such as multiple-sclerosis (MS), or suffered injuries – physical or cognitive for example, brain injury.
- Evaluate demands of the job to the abilities of the individual and work towards bridging any identified gaps
- Adapt environment or modify job demands
- Return to work planning implementing a graded return if necessary
- Advice on coping strategies and occupational support
- Work in conjunction with the employer and supervisors
- Vocational retraining and analysis of transferable skills
Andrea and Paula the Occupational Therapists would provide the assessments and work alongside the individual; however, it would be very much a team effort approach with physiotherapy input particularly for those experiencing physical difficulties.